TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Thursday 1 January 2015

We're back, but it's not the end

We've arrived at Wigrams and I had no trouble mooring on the jetty. As I thought, the wind direction compensated for the strength. The only thing is TQ is facing the wrong way for diesel and pump-out tomorrow morning. We'll tackle that problem when it arrives.

Windy 'ol Wigrams.
Tomorrow we head back to Braunston where TQ is going to be having some work done. More on that another time, but first we have to sort out our transport arrangements.

3 comments:

roger said...

Hi, happy New Year to you.

We travel from Oz each year to cruise on your neighbour, Celtic Kiwi.

We also have a blog for our time aboard - http://nbckoz.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/then-in-2007-we-found-celtic-kiwi/

and we have noticed some of our pics appearing on other websites, without our approval or credit.

So, could you please advise - what is the purpose of watermarking, and how do you do it?

Regards, Roger

ketro said...

Hi Roger, and a Happy New Year to you too.
I've just added your blog to my blog list, I'll look forward to catching up with your travels on CK.
Watermarking; This forms part of the copyright laws and its purpose is to "spoil" a photograph to deter would be thieves from copying them and claiming them as their own work. To be valid for copyright laws it has to contain the current year, the copyright "C" in a circle, and the attrubutor. This could be your name, a company name, a URL (website), a weblog name, or any name that can be attributed to you.
I use a freeware software package from Umark (Google it) for my PC and laptop or "Add Watermark" app for my tablet. To use it, take your photograph, upload it into your software programme or app, add your watermark and save it. Then upload the watermarked photo to your blog.
Someone on Facebook was stealing my photos and I politely asked them to ask permission and attribute it to my blog. At first they blocked me from veiwing their site, but later their site was pulled by Facebook.
Hope this helps,
All the best,
Kevin

roger said...

Thanks Kevin, I'll check that out, and hope to see you on the cut

Roger